As of May 1, 2020
What we collect
- Information we collect when you contact us, visit our sites, use our mobile applications or services, use our products or devices, or view our advertisements.
- Information we get from other companies who have obtained your consent to share or sell it or have ensured that other companies from whom they have received your information can share it with them and, in turn, with us and/or other companies.
- Data elements in this category include unique ID number (such as customer number, account number, subscription number, rewards program number), system identifiers (including username or online credentials), device advertisers, advertising IDs and IP address.
- We do not knowingly collect information directly from children under age of 16, except where we have the consent of the parents or guardians. We receive children’s data from parents and guardians.
When we share your information
- When We Have Your Consent, with our carefully selected partners so that they can send you offers, promotions, or ads about their products and services we believe you may be interested in.
- Minimal information will be made public for commenting/liking products and services to better serve our customers and partners. Restocking purposes.
- To help us protect our rights or property, e.g., fraud prevention or information security.
- When required by law or government authorities.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to help us meet our purpose of excellence. For example, we use your information to:
- Perform Services
- Identify and authenticate you to our different marketing programs and websites
- Respond to your questions or requests for information,
- Provide customer service
- Send transactional messages (such as account statements or confirmations),
- Send marketing communications, survey and invitations
- Process your payment for the products you buy from us
- Process and issue refunds and collections
- Send you products or samples you have requested
- Help you manage your account or app preferences
- Allow you to enter our contests or sweepstakes
- Interact with you on social media
We also use your information for internal business purposes, such as:
- Quality control, training and analytics
- Safety Maintenance and verification
- System administration and technology management, including optimizing our websites and applications
- Security purposes, including detecting threats and protecting against malicious or fraudulent activity
- Recordkeeping and auditing interactions with consumers, including logs and records maintained as part of transaction information
- Risk management, audit, investigations, reporting and other legal and compliance reasons
We may also use your personal information to better understand you and our customers generally, including:
- For internal research
- To design and develop products, services and programs that delight our consumers
- To identify prospective consumers
Cookies are small files sent to your computer as you surf the web. They store useful information about how you interact with the websites you visit. Cookies do not collect any information stored on your computer or device or in your files. Cookies do not contain any information that would directly identify you as a person. Cookies show your computer and device only as randomly assigned numbers and letters (e.g., cookie ID ABC12345) and never as, for example, John E. Smith.
- to serve you with relevant advertising
- to learn more about the way you interact with P&G content
- help us improve your experience when visiting our websites
- to remember your preferences, such as a language or a region, so there is no need for you to customize the website on each visit
- to identify errors and resolve them
- to analyze how well our websites are performing
These are the types of cookies we use:
- session cookies. Webpages have no memory. Session cookies remember you (using a randomly generated ID like: ABC12345) as you move from page to page so that you don’t get asked to provide the same information you’ve already given on the site. For example, session cookies are extremely helpful when shopping online—without them the items you place in your shopping cart would disappear by the time you reach the checkout! These cookies are deleted as soon as you leave our site or close your browser.
- persistent cookies. Persistent cookies allow sites to remember what you prefer when you come back again. For example, if you choose to read the site in French on your first visit, the next time you come back the site will appear automatically in French. Not having to select a language preference every time makes it more convenient, more efficient, and user-friendly for you.
- advertising cookies. These cookies can be used to learn about what interests you generally might have, based, for example, on the websites you visit and the products you buy. This can also help us infer things about you such your age, marital status, and how many kids you may have. That data allows us to send you ads for products and services that better fit the things you like or need. It also allows us to limit the number of times you see the same advertisement.
How you can control cookies. You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent to your computer. However, this may prevent our sites or services from working properly. You can also set your browser to delete cookies every time you finish browsing.
Site and App Content
logins. Our websites may allow you to log in using your account with another company such as, for example, “Login with Facebook.” When you do this, we will have access only to the information that you have given us consent to receive from your account settings in the other company’s account you’re using to log in with.